The app for word nerds.
Have the most beautiful words in the English vocabulary logged in your own personal dictionary.
Logophile: a lover of words
That’s what we are. And as you have found yourself here, you probably are too, so Oh My Word! is the Chrome extension for you.
Save your favourite terms to a personal dictionary at the double-click of your mouse/trackpad and never be lost for wonderful words when you need them most.
New features coming soon
We’re working on a ton of new features right now and soon you’ll be able to update your profile, share logs with friends and family, make them public or private, and read great content on all-things wordy. But for now, here is a list of some of our favourite words we’ve logged:
- grok: to understand (something) intuitively or by empathy; to establish a rapport.
- petard: a small bomb made of a metal or wooden box filled with powder, used to blast down a door or to make a hole in a wall.
- defenestrate: to throw (someone) out of a window; to remove or dismiss (someone) from a position of power or authority
- philistinic: of the nature of, or characteristic of, a philistine; uneducated, unenlightened.
- striated: striped or streaked.